Hip Hop All Star Clinic
We not only pride ourselves on a program that offers proper technical training, but one that also teaches many life lessons that can only be learned through a truly positive team and training environment. Our teachers and coaches take the role in your child’s life seriously as we lead by example and practice what we preach. Integrity, Spirit, Teamwork, Sportsmanship are the main focus of our program. We want the very best for every dancer! This all star team will travel to college game days and competitive events. This is a commitment of 6 months. If your child decides to not participate prior to the 6 months you will still be responsible for the tuition. Since this is limited squad we are not allowing drop ins and need full commitment by each member who makes the squad. Further details will be given at tryouts. We couldn’t be more excited to offer this at South Walton Dance Co.
We are forming 2 teams:
All Star Squad 12 & up
All Star Prep Squad 9 & up
Try Out Clinics:
Friday, April 23 & 30 @ 4:30-6:00pm
Sunday, May 1 Time TBD
- Held live at SWDC: Make sure to add name and age of dancer attending clinics so we know how to break the groups up. (by Age)
- Dancers will learn two routines: Hip Hop Combo & Technique Combo
Attire for Clinics
- Please wear fitted dance attire and use both jazz shoes and tennis shoes.
- If you do not own these items, please wear athletic type clothing that you can move in and shoes that allow you to point your toes.
- Hair should be up and out of face at all times.
- Dancers will use both routines learned from Clinics
- More information given at tryouts.
Attire for final auditions:
- Please wear all black fitted attire, appropriate shoes and have hair neatly and securely tied back off of face.
- Candidates do not need their own material
- Everything will be taught during the three days of clinics
- Dancers will learn a jazz and hip hop combination
- Dancers will be asked to execute chainés, piques, pirouettes, various jetes (leaps) and other skills
Practice will be 2 hours and 2 times weekly starting Mid May through - July. Practice will be reduced to 1 day a week once school is back in session. Additional practice will be called prior to competitions or event performances.